Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best way to help the student ..

+6
Van
Toufikzad
dave-weckl
Nounette
imy
flower
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

best way to help the student .. Empty best way to help the student ..

Post by Toufikzad Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 am

The best way to help the student is to never help him !!

Once upon a time ; one of my teachers (( of American litterature in 2nd year )) told me that i can not be a good student in english litterature ,or American litterature except if i belief in my capasities and try to develope my level without waiting for others to help because the only way of well learning is to study with keeping information in a hard way.. .

After a long discution with my respective teacher, she just makes me believe in her opinion and i just trust her ..
3ab9our
Ten minutes later .my teacher gives me an other opinion or a different idea ..it was so hard to believe in different things in one time and with only one brain but with my teacher and her way of teaching literature every thing was possible ..

My teacher makes us afraid and satisfie with her in the same time ..her marks were usually negative but her way of study was great and her analyses of texts were clear and good

If i'll be teacher in future...i hope to be like her...
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.gold9.mam9.com

Back to top Go down

best way to help the student .. Empty Re: best way to help the student ..

Post by flower Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:27 pm

miss was so great toufik and her advise was even greater.But believe that hard work IS THE ONLY KEY TO ALL OUR QUESTIONS, more experience is obtained by it as well.To be good in literature;ONE THING SHOULD BE DONE,unfortunately most student laugh at and don't like "READING".It is said that there ARE no good teacher or bed ones,but there are competant teacher or none.I HOPE IT'S HELPFUL sir,but be sure it's worthy to deal with. jouliya ya3omri1
flower
flower

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 am

IF I'll be a teacher you know what i'm gonna do don't ya ?? i'm gonna explain i'll give all the studen't 0000 cause they are too stupid to come for what??? studying english??? where in blida university??? yeah they are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come guys i am just joking soo have agood time here and the most important thing that we take some good and some benifits from this forum cause it seams very intersting???!! enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 am

Thanx friends ...
I am so happy because u care about the level of the others in english ...
Actually.i think that we can use it us a proverb ; best way to help the student is to do not help him/her..

isn't it good ???

thanx again...take care
c u
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Back to top Go down

Post by flower Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:54 pm

thanx alot sir ciao;;;; jouliya
flower
flower

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by imy Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Mr.thug life.A teacher isn't easy to mock it,our university and branch are neither,little respect here pleas.If you don't like them just it's better to change them. hypo1
imy
imy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nounette Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Really You want to be a teacher just an advice Try to be a teacher in University jouliya
Nounette
Nounette

Number of posts : 795

http://www.rasoulallah.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:55 am

a teacher in university ??? yes...it's good idea...i mean thanx 4 ur advice ...

Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:42 am

MISS IMY OR WHO EVER YOU ARE BELIEVE ME I AM ABLE TO SAY WHATEVR I WANT AND WHENEVER AND WHEREEVR BUT I AIN't desrespect anybody cause i'm right when i say that we don't have a true university ..... have ever red a statistics bout the university's level around the world or you haven't ??? we are not even included in the study can you imagine that countries like SOMALIA SOOOOOOOOOOMALIA IS CLASSED IN THE STATISTICS so you can be the judge not upon me but about your speech above lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:47 am

soo we have only to care bout our own bisness aren't we MISS IMY???

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello Mates !!
I've Been attracted To "The Best Way To Help Students Is To Never Help'em" !! I'am Sorry, But....What?? madhaa1 .
Things are Mixed a little For U Mr TouFiK.....Ain't No One CoulD Or Can Aquire Things alone, Or Like U said " Without Help" .Usually Teachers Give Us The Starting Point -->Which This last Push Students To Act In a Creative Way !! rojla1
I'am Sorry Guyz !! But I disagree Such A Wrong .
Hope U don't Get Me The Wrong Way Mr TouFiK, But Recheck Your Ideas and Conclusions..Otherwise U may Cause a Popular Brain dammage..!
~Van
Van
Van

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello again,

thanks a lot friends for ur ideas...even i feel that there is a problem..or some missunderstood between some of you...but i am sure that all of you are well educated and we can all understand each other and reach a good point which is studying..ok ?

I am happy to find some one desagree with my idea...that's means that there are people care about the level of student ..

but please Mr.Van..I hope u just accept that the student should work hardly and alone...the rule of teacher is only to give a push...ok ??

I think that we all agree with this...and that's what i'm talking about!!

any way thanx all ...c u soon
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Thx A lot Friend, But I think That I made Myself Clear Enough When I Wrote"Usually Teachers Give Us The Starting Point -->Which This last Push Students To Act In a Creative Way" .
...... gestounet
~Van
Van
Van

Back to top Go down

Post by dave-weckl Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 am

hello everybody!!!! i was passin' by the topics n suddenly! ive seen da prettycool title that attracted me !. ive got some ideas, so ive said ,it could maybe help ya.first ov all, none ov us can be as well as an english native speaker at all, and vice versa( mainly cos we've diffrent cultures, thoughts, behaviours,religion...etc) .basically ; to be as natives ,you gotta change your way ov thinking from arab to english ,what leads to change : your way ov clothing , behaviour, the music you like or movies or books your read...etc.UNFOTUNATELY!!! what ive seen in blida is something else!; most teachers are fools with low level(elhamdoulah we've got some great teachers!).many sudents were forced to study english! others think in the best foolish way ever seen!and our best students ! the iron robots whom study like dumbs ,thinking that this is the good way to be as the natives !!!""comeonnnnnn"" have you ever been facing a native?!!! believe me mates, the reality is totally diffrent!!. so what i advise you to do ,is to change your thoughts, as if you were on an english man or woman's body,otherwise you cant reach the top! ( an english saying : better untaught than ill-taught). peace!
dave-weckl
dave-weckl

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 am

Hello friends,

I see my brother Van ..thanx for ur ideas ..

also, Dave-weckl ..I am so happy to read the great words you wrote ...and the ideas...even you seem somehow difficult ..i mean u said things seriously ...

you know ?? u give me a great idea ... why don't we creat a space to talk to the teachers and know their ideas and advices about study english...and to know about our level as students...

thanx a lot dave ....
so happy to read your reply ...
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Dear All :
Absolutely Mr Dave !! "The Ball In Da hole" coooleuh
Van
Van

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:52 pm

yes dude van
Alonso
Alonso

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey mates, don't you think this post is not in its adequate place?!!!!!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dave-weckl Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:32 am

you're welcome mr tofikzad
dave-weckl
dave-weckl

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am

cou7a hypo2
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 pm

dave-weckl wrote:...first ov all, none ov us can be as well as an english native speaker at all, and vice versa( mainly cos we've diffrent cultures, thoughts, behaviours,religion...etc) .basically ; to be as natives ,you gotta change your way ov thinking from arab to english ,what leads to change : your way ov clothing , behaviour, the music you like or movies or books your read...etc.UNFOTUNATELY!!! what ive seen in blida is something else!; most teachers are fools with low level(elhamdoulah we've got some great teachers!).many sudents were forced to study english! others think in the best foolish way ever seen!and our best students ! the iron robots whom study like dumbs ,thinking that this is the good way to be as the natives !!!""comeonnnnnn"" have you ever been facing a native?!!! believe me mates, the reality is totally diffrent!!. so what i advise you to do ,is to change your thoughts, as if you were on an english man or woman's body,otherwise you cant reach the top! ( an english saying : better untaught than ill-taught). peace!

Hey! Are you serious? Let me tell you that the English man you're talking about is not as splendid as you think! Maybe you're attracted merely to his accent, and if it's the case then we are all fascinated simply because we are non native speakers
To acquire the British accent doesn't compel one to discard his culture and his way of thinking. It is by practice that you can acquire the British man's accent and by reading about his history that you can "reach the top".
I've always been respectful to my mates opinions, but I can't do that anymore. Why Blida's English students seem always to be blaming their teachers and their Department???. It is true that we are not as competent as Oxford or Cambridge, but we have teachers who are doing the best of their best. Why don't students stop for a moment and think they are no longer in the Lycee where they rely solely on their teachers. Believe me if you'll work on your own, you'll cease to wait for your teacher to give you everything, you'll be the teacher of yourself.
Many of us don't see the privileges we have, free education, free access to internet ( I say free in comparison to the huge amounts of money the Europeans pay for internet). We have everything, but we lack the will and the alacrity.
You were talking about natives, then try to go to England and see how much they pay for a single module. This is Europe which tempts and fascinates us!!
To have a native-like accent, practice your listening and speaking! Then you'll be able to listen to Ome-Kaltoum and Cat Stevens at the same time!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:23 am

Ezinma really I stood still beore what you've said! No comment but GREAT!

People time to get mature's come. If I were you I would start by blaming myself and I am sure if everyone of us does so we won't ever try to shoot down others since our mistakes and flaws are much more than we can ever count them! Let's try to get the best of ourlives and to do the best of it. It' up to you, you can carryon blaming others and blaming your fate or start living and making of yourself the best. We're no supposed to be prophets or saints, we're not supposed to be natives ( It seems we forget that we're already natives of something else). We're just supposed to do our best. ( لايكلف الله نفسا إلا وسعها لها ما كسبت وعليها ما اكتيبت)

Respect
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dave-weckl Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:43 am

hello again!
first ov all , it was a nice point ov view "as a responce" miss ezinma.
now! let me clarify some ideas that was wrong!(step by step).
i've never said that im fascinated ov anyone !( read what ive wrote at first).
2/ i'vent said : you gotta change you culture or your religion to the british one!ive meant, u cant improve your english by listening to houwari el dophain or raghib 3alama! or by watching egypt's movies!, but to listen and watch all what's in english( that what helps to improve your english).
once again, you cant acquire the accent without being in contact for manytimes with a native speaker( that what im sure ov it.its only if you've got a english native accent ?! i'll be pleased to hear you talking).3/dont even dream to compare our universities with one ov the best univs around the world( as oxford or cambridge)!"" be realistic"!!.
4/i'vent said that all teachers are fools(read what ive wrote between brakets!).i think ive the right to blame teachers coz they have a big reponsibility!!!!(kada el mou3alimou an yakouna rasoula!)! a teacher who doesnt make a diffrance between(stop making noise n stop making nose!) or the teacher who pronounce ewe (iw)! why do they work and get money hein! and students dont seceed in their modules as if the teacher was a king whereas he's a real dumb! what do u expect from sush kinda teachers hein?!you wanted me to say:'' ho! its so cool here! and all teachers are great, and all da stuff!!!).sorry but i cant!!, and u know what this results? students who dont make a diffrence between meet n meat,between dont n doesnt,between knew n knowed, between the present perfect n past perfect, n they i'll be teachers after 1 or 2years!!! comeonnnnnn its ashame!!!
5/you really made me laugh when you talked about the huge sum ov money that the europeans are paying to get the internet!!! were you kidding?!! the internet is becoming as free as the air there!!!!!! and you compared 1mb that we've got with 20,30 or 60mb ^^ are you okay miss?!!(sorry but your info gotta be up dated).
to end up da story,what i wrote (the 1st msg) was just a reality, n i meant no harm with it, it was just an advice to my mates here!no more no less. you gotta also try to understand what ive said, not to attack with a misunderstanding ! but anyway,it's a pleasure to discuss with you! (an english saying: better untaught than ill-taught). peace!
dave-weckl
dave-weckl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Mr/Ms Dave, I do respect your opinion, and if I didn't respect it then I would be indifferent to what you said. It's because I respect it I wanted to share with you and my mates my opinion. Second, quoting one's message or post doesn't mean 'attack' as you put it.
I don't have many things to add, because I've said everything previously.
You called some teachers fools, and you want them to work hard. If the teachers you're talking about found a warm welcome from their students, be sure they'll die to give you the best. Just close your eyes and let's imagine building 8 and 9 crowded with ungrateful corpses. As if the last thing they are thinking about is the poor teacher who's delivering his course inside the classroom.
You said a good example ' Stop making noise and nose' so you know the difference! Allow me to tell you that I didn't learn the word form my teacher, but from a habbit I have which is to open the dictionary randomly searching for new words.
Maybe the teachers you are talking about noticed the ungratefulness of their students so they don't care anymore. ( Yakra walla ymout! Isn't this what we hear sometimes though it is a little bit exaggerated???!!)
I'm not saying it's cool here ( well it is cool where I am), I'm not saying you're in Harvard. What I was saying and I am saying is stop blaming and discover your weaknesses by yourself. You're not good enough in grammar, then buy a grammar book and try to learn by yourself ( You doesn't necessarily mean you Dave). You're not good in lit, then write essays and give'em to your teacher to correct them. I'm sure if you give it to him, he will correct it with a great pleasure, not because it is his duty but because you're interested!
You said some students don't make the difference between ' Know' and 'now'. In the middle school the pupil maybe can't make the distinction. But at the uni, oh! sorry! it's the student who must be blamed not his teacher, because it's obvious that he hasn't opened a book in his life!
Now let's get back to Mr. Hawari, it is true I'm not a fan but this Algerian singer has many lovers. His songs are part of our culture... Rai, cha3bi.... the same as pop, rock...
Maybe you see that you learn the accent well by ceasing to listen to Arabic songs, but this is your style ( Every student has his own style in learning) and I disagree ( Don't call it attack!!!)
As for internet and it's fees, well some of my relatives live abroad, so my information is not outmoded!
I hope it's clear what I've said and there is no misunderstanding.
All my respect Dave!

Last edited by Ezinma on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Good Evening :
I see That Things Are Going a LIttle Bit Noisy Here !! Well, You Guyz Aren't Wrong At All, You Are Both Right.
Since We are All English Students Here !! Everything We Post Is Interesting, Every Piece Of Information, Even Each Critique!!...*Mr DaVe Wanted To Be Clear From One Side And He confirmed That Students Should Get More Involved In The British Culture, (Way Of Clothing, Kinda Music U listen To..) To Reach Their aims
*Mrs Ezinma: "I got A big Respect For You", Wanted To Be Clear That We May Learn Some things Alone, But We are Still In need of Our Teachers !!
*Hush Was More Than Clear When He Said :"Time To Get Mature Has Come", Absolutely Sir Hush !! Definitly, It's Time !! If some Teachers still Make Mistakes, It's Not Because they arn't Competent Or "Dumb", C'mon Guyz !! We are All Learners Even Teachers And We Are Supposed To Help Each Other .! ^^
-----
I luv U all Guyz !!

~Van
Van
Van

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next