Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my Drunky mOm!

4 posters

Go down

my Drunky mOm! Empty my Drunky mOm!

Post by louli Sat May 01, 2010 1:46 am

You know when people say when somebody you love dies, you can feel it? Well I never did. It was like a normal, happy day, in old Greencastle. I was playing with my little brother Jacob. We never expected for my dad to come back from his work early, especially in tears. When he walked through the door, I knew something was up. My dad NEVER cries, ever. I ran to him and gave him a great, big bear hug. He just sobbed harder. By then I was sobbing, and my brother came running crying too. When I asked him what was wrong, he started to talk in between sobs. “Your mother *Sob* has gone *sob* to the hospital *sob* because she was drunk and driving!” he said and continued. “She was at the hospital when I came. Once I got there, it was like I had gotten there too late! They called “code blue” and everybody came running! When I finally found out, you mother had stopped breathing. After numerous times trying to revive her, her heart just gave out! I am so sorry Honey!” He said, and burst right back into tears. I ran to my room and closed the door. My mom never drank. Why would she do it this time? Why did God choose to take her away now? I was only in 6th grade anyways! I can’t live without girly talks and stuff like that! Why would he do this, why? I fell asleep crying my head off.
When I woke up, it was 12:00 at night and everybody was asleep. I changed into my PJ’s and walked down the stair case quietly. I walked to the freezer, opened the newly painted door and opened the door. I grabbed a carton of Breyers Chocolate Ice cream, and grabbed a spoon. When I started up the stair case again, I stopped. I could hear somebody’s door open and footsteps along the hallway. I couldn’t imagine who would be up at this time of night. Especially my dad since he still had to go to work tomorrow. His stupid boss wouldn’t let him take a week off. As a girl, I think it’s an intruder. So I run and hide in the closet. I notice the light turns on, right when I close the closet door. I also notice a big black spider in the closet too. I try to muffle my scream, but once I scream, I hear fast paced footsteps coming to the door. When the door opened, it was just my dad. I guess he wanted ice cream too. “Dad, can we talk?” I ask. “Sure thing Sweetie.” He says, and we go and sit on the couch. “I thought mom never drank.” I say once we settle in the couch. “I didn’t either, but I just heard from some of her friends, that not only did she have a drinking problem, she was also having an affair with a co-worker of hers.” He says, trying to hold back frustrated tears. I gasped in amazement. My mom and I were best friends. She told me everything as I did with her! We were bible study buddies, we went to church together, and she even came to church retreat with my middle school study group! Why and how did this all suddenly come up? As usual, I start crying again. All I remember next is my dad cradling me in his arms, and rocking me back to sleep….
In the morning, I wake up in my bed. There is a note on my bed. As I pick it up to read it, my best friend Liz comes rushing in. She hugs me so hard I can barely take a breath. “I am so sorry Hamster!” She says. My nickname happens to be Hamster. My name is Tammy, and my old nickname was tamster, so since I am so small and petet, we changed it to Hamster instead. “I guess your mom’s car crash is all over the news. They have a picture of her, and I guess your dad said that the news will be coming to the house. He said as I quote “ Tell Tammy not to answer the door when they come liz. Got it?” so I would becarful when you open the door.” Liz says. I moodily stand up and walk to my walk in closet. I grab a pair of jeans and a Forest Gump T-shirt for me to wear. I obviously have just broke a fashion law, because Liz gives me an eye that says don’t wear that today. I decide not to change my clothes. I didn’t call the fashion police anyways. I get ready for school as normal. Liz and me get dropped off at the bus stop since its too far in walking distance and my dad doesn’t have time to take us to school. When I get on the school bus, the whole thing goes quiet. I walk in silence as people stare and watch me as I walk past them. Once I sit on the bus, everyone starts whispering. Liz stands up and says “What the heck is going on here? What in the world is wrong with you people?” and sits back down. The person in front of us gives us a news paper. The title reads “Teenage girl and her mother, Dies in a bad accident.” I guess this is what happens when your parent dies. And this is my first day back. I couldn’t believe how hit was going already. I had already tried to talk my dad into not letting me go to school. I am regreating going to school anyways. “I am not dead am I liz?” I ask Liz as loud as I could so everyone could here. She got my point and said as loud as she could “No Tammy, you are not dead and nobody should THINK so!” and everyone became quiet once again. I now officially hate school.
When I walk into my block class, Mrs. Rickie gaspeds in amazement as if I am a living dead person. She clears her throat and says “Welcome Miss Tammy. You my be seated.” She says and walks to her desk, and picks up the sleek black office phone, presses numorus numbers and starts whispering in the phone. Class goes well as I learn. When the bell rings, Mrs. Rickie pulls me aside. “Um, Tammy, I don’t mean to say this in a mean way, but aren’t you dead?”she says in a confused voice. I roll my eyes, walk to the door, turn around and say, “Mrs. Rickie, you’re a smart gal, why don’t you do the math, am I dead?” I say and walk straight out the door. I can hear her say “Whaaaaa……” and carry on with her work. The day goes mostly smoothly until I get to my house. I see dozens of cammaras and news reporters. When they see me, they come rushing. “Miss. Tammy, do you love your mom? Miss. Tammy, are you mad? Miss. Tammy, was this your fault?” I turn to the camra crew and say “You guys are smart. Why don’t YOU do the math!” and walk to the door. I can hear the voices try to get into the house. “GET OUT!” I say and slam the door in their faces.
That night was terrible. I had to find out why my mom would have an affair. Why would she drink to? I was going to find out, even if it killed me. Then I decided. I called Liz and told her my plan. We were going to my moms work to find out what happened. We were going to take the bus and ride all the way there. Than we would see everything in her office and the guy she was having an affair with. Then we would to the crime scean investegators office and see the car and what was inside of it. And we would all do it tomorrow.

to be continued..
louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

my Drunky mOm! Empty Re: my Drunky mOm!

Post by paloma-blanca Sun May 02, 2010 8:57 am

Tragic story...thank you so much dear...waiting
paloma-blanca
paloma-blanca

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 pm

thnx paloma..gonna try 2 imagine th comin events...
louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messi Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:48 pm

where is the rest?
messi
messi

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://blida-english.bbactif.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by bilinda Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 pm

wow so nice i wait for the rest with passion.
bilinda
bilinda

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Waiting for the rest louli, it's very nice ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum