Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello literature lovers

4 posters

Go down

Hello literature lovers Empty Hello literature lovers

Post by Ezinma Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Hello literature lovers, as students of English most of us have their literary passions. We admire literature, we appreciate the great literary masters, and we don’t think that it is vain or useless.
We are not what people call ‘great readers’ this is for sure, but not because we are students of a foreign language, we don’t appreciate art. We get embarassed when people ask us how much time do you spend reading a book, or a novel…a week ? a month ?...
We need something to motivate us to read !! Is it because we live in a society where books, and libraries take a second place in our lives ( second !!I’m not even sure) we don’t read ??.
What I want to tell my friends here is that ‘time’ is not our excuse, we all have essays to write, papers to present !. So let’s make this forum a place where we can share our readings, and motivate each other. Let’s suggest books to read…
I’ve posted recently a sort of a game called what are you reading currently ?. I admit that I did it because first a kind of curiousity pushed me to know what are you reading mates. Second to be motivated to read more during this holiday, and even to make a collection for the next summer holidays.
Hush Walden is one of the works that I should read one day!
I’ll try to suggest here some books we can read, and please post too, because you may know ones I don’t know. It’s not necessary you read it before.Owkey !!.

I’m so exited !! I do hope that this will help us tobreak the spell of laziness, and weariness.We may be one of the great readers one day… Allah knows best !

The first book I want to share with you is ‘ My literary Passions’ by William Dean Howells. I’ll be reading it soon Insh’Allah.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Hello literature lovers Empty Re: Hello literature lovers

Post by Hush Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Ahhhh if I spend my whole human life naming the books I want to read I won't finish up bka1

But let's start by the ones that moved me:

The Picture Of Doryan Gray by Oscar Wilde

Crime and Punishement By Dostoevsky

Most stories of Edgar Allan Po
e

Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks for your recommendation! I appreciate. I think I'm interested most in Crime and Punishement cos I've heard about it a lot.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:35 am

You're welcome and it's true that Dostoevsky's masterpiece is wonderful! (I am being subjective)

enjoy your reading
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Clown Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 pm

What about Children Literature is it included in our readings? chahou

I would suggest Arabian Nights, an imperishable exciting stories. I looove it cha3ir1
Clown
Clown

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I hope they will help me because I'm the worst reader in the whole world (be sure, the proove that I'm still in page 100 from 'pride and prejudice' and I don't know when I'll finish it).
Thanks again Ezinma and Hush, Clown I read Arabian Nights and I love it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaGGiE Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:34 am

Thank you dear EZINMA for the suggestions.I'm reading The happy prince and Other Stories by Oscar WILDE ,however i still just in the 3rd story mo7bat Sad ,i hope to finish it soon.
MaGGiE
MaGGiE

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down