Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malcolm X

2 posters

Go down

Malcolm X Empty Malcolm X

Post by sassy86 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Malcolm X.

Malcolm X Malcolm_x_1

Malcolm X (1925 – 1965) was an activist who fought for the African Americans rights and notably against racism. His name, intriguing as it may seem, he deliberately changed. In fact, Malcolm X was born Malcolm Little due to his ancestors' origins who were slaves. So, because of the negative connotation it behold, he changed it to Malcolm X.

Malcolm X, like most African Americans at that time, experienced harsh life conditions, notably a difficult childhood which made him imprisoned at the age of 13.

In prison, Malcolm X 'fell in love' with Islam for the honorable principles, equality between races and people it preached.

Malcolm X Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlmLLjKSyF1q3np8dEtwHshVW7xjFmQCrLkoOsQremn4eNRWN2
On his voyages to Mecca, Malcolm X wrote a letter for his wife; in which he expressed his surprise of witnessing an unbelievable idea, at that time, Black people together with White people. This can but reveal to us the dogmatic nature of racism advanced by white people African Americans' minds.

Indeed, Malcolm X devoted himself entirely to his community, wishing and encouraging Blacks to create their own community and inculcating them self-esteem which White people have demolished.

In one of his famous speeches, in which Malcolm X used to raise Blacks' self-esteem, he teaches African Americans to love themselves. Here is the speech:

"Who taught you to hate the color of your skin? Who taught you to hate the texture of your hair? Who taught you to hate the shape of your nose and the shape of your lips? Who taught you to hate yourself from the top of your head to the soles of your feet? Who taught you to hate your own kind? Who taught you to hate the race that you belong to so much so that you don't want to be around each other? No... Before you come asking Mr. Muhammad does he teach hate, you should ask yourself who taught you to hate being what God made you."

Like all people who advocated justice and equality, Malcolm X was assasined in 21 st of February 1965

sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X Empty Re: Malcolm X

Post by wonderland20 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:14 pm

That gave me really a good read sister, hope all the members will find it useful as much as I did Smile , Thank you for sharing it with us !
Cheers xxxxxxx
wonderland20
wonderland20

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi my dear B. I'm glad you liked it sweetyMalcolm X 865413 Though I predicted it, knowing you're a fervent connoisseur of such topics Wink
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum