Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Walk To Remember

+4
Londonhbb
Nacerpro
loser
chinda
8 posters

Go down

A Walk To Remember Empty A Walk To Remember

Post by chinda Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:29 am

I have just finished reading a novel that I deem one of the best novels I have ever read, A Walk To Remember, of the American writer, Nickolas Sparks. In fact I had the inclination to read this novel from a friend of mine who loves it a lot and considers it the best novel he has ever read so that he made me love it even before reading it and induced me to read it from the way he talks about it.
The novel is a flash back of a story that happened forty years ago. It weaves the story of two teenagers, a boy whose name is Landon and a girl named Jamie who live a doleful yet wonderful love story.
The story is told by a fifty seven-year-old man, Landon, who recounts us the story of his life at the age of seventeen, the year that changed his life forever. He, at this age, remembers every detail and every tiny thing had happened forty years ago as if it was yesterday. He can retrieve all what happened when he was seventeen as if it didn’t elapse forty years.
Landon’s life changed forever at the age of seventeenth when he falls in love with Jamie. She is the unique girl of a baptism; she is a young girl who always tries to help the others and thinks of them even before herself. Her kindness and white, wide heart make her adorable for every one; she never meets any one without greeting him with a large smile. Her meekness can make an evil an angel in front of her.
Landon, with his friends, used to tease and poke fun at the way Jamie wears especially the brown sweater she always wears which he hates the most, and the way she wears her hair, besides the fact that she always holds her Bible; you never see her without seeing the Bible in her hands.
Though both of Jamie and Landon are living in the same street and going to the same school but Landon has never talked to her or admired her because she isn’t from the kind of girls he prefers and likes. He never expected that he will fall in love with a girl like Jamie Sullivan but he does without knowing that this love will be the love of his life and Jamie will be the girl who will change his life forever. The play he performs with her opens the door wide in his face to recognize how wonderful Jamie is and what a white heart she has, the thing that makes him falling deep in love with here. Weeks rotate, and each day passes by makes Landon loving Jamie more and more.
The new lovers live wonderful days, yet these days don’t last for long for Jamie is sick; she has leukemia since a year and she is still have just few months, if not few weeks, to live. Landon gets shock after hearing the bitter truth from his beloved’s mouth, yet that truth makes him understand many things and recognize how great girl is Jamie; though she is sick but she is always working on making the others around her happy and the party she organizes on the Christmas Day for the kids in the orphanage is a great proof for that.
Days rotate and Jamie’s sickness progresses to make her thin and weak until she becomes bedridden, but Landon continues visiting her every day to read the Bible for her and try to spend nice time together.

We get reading the novel waiting the day when Landon tells us that Jamie has gone but he surprises us at the end of the twelfth chapter by asking Jamie’s hand, an unexpected action that surprises the reader and throws him into a perplexity wondering whether Landon has taken the right choice or no, whether he does that out of pity or because he loves Jamie. But he, without any doubt, has chosen what his mind and heart tell him to do; marrying Jamie is a logic end for that great love. Landon, knowing that Jamie will die in few days, asks her hand and makes her dream to walk in the aisle come true. Though she is feeble and can hardly walk but Jamie prefers to walk down the aisle to marry Landon.
The story ends at the day when the two lovers get married, it was the most wonderful day in Landon’s life, the day that he will remember for the whole of his life and which will be the last memory that floats through his mind.
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

A Walk To Remember Empty Re: A Walk To Remember

Post by loser Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 pm

I think there's a movie titled A WALK TO REMEMBER i like it so much
thnx chinda Smile
loser
loser

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Well done Chinda, though I didn't read the novel but ur narration was great, thx one more time.
Among the best actions I liked the most in the movie was when he asked her to close her eyes and to spread her legs a little. Then, he asked her to open her eyes, and her dream came true. Her dream was to be in two different places at the same time. He made her wish since she was standing on a border of two states, lol.
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.Idon'thaveany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Oh my God chinda I'm really speechless
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by asma Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin movie.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thnx Chinda gud job A Walk To Remember 5078 A Walk To Remember 471538
asma
asma

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:40 pm

i saw it as a movie

amazing story

it touched my soul

i like glitter too

thank you chinda
cookie
cookie

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 am

wooow Chinda,a very touching story..i like it
u have paved the way for me to discover this wonderful story
Thanks Dear jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm

This happen when a hearts loves another heart, true, deep love!

it seems very nice novel!

Thank you for sharing us it Chinda Very Happy
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down