Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life?

4 posters

Go down

Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life? Empty Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life?

Post by sayyadmahir Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 am

Hello,
The most interesting discussion I read so far in this forum is here https://blida-english.bbactif.com/t1375-job-seekers#13501

The issue is "Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life?"
What can students, teachers and admin do to prepare students better for the challenges of (professional) life?
Here is a video to accompany the discussion on Purposeful Learning
http://www.edutopia.org/south-grand-prairie-career-academies-video
[b]

sayyadmahir

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life? Empty Re: Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life?

Post by Dutty Nes Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

I think that studying in our department prepare STUDENTS prepares us and shows us how to deal with everyday stress and LIES.

It prepares you how to care for your own since no one cares.

Dutty Nes
Dutty Nes

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life? Empty Re: Do Studies in the English Department Prepare Students for Real Life?

Post by w_ch Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 pm

I came across this topic by accident and I found it quite interesting. There's a huge gap between what we are taught at school and what the real world is. I am not saying that studies are usless, on the contrary, they are very useful for you to get that piece of paper which is your visa to getting a job - normally- I am not trying to sound a bit pessimistic, but everyone has to be prepared mentally and psychologically for this new phase. Your CV might quite possibly be rejected by several private schools or companies, but do not let that put you down. You may as well take some time to find the job of your dream, and while doing so, you need to work on your capacities and abilities so that you don't waste your time whinning about your bad luck which doesn't exist in the first place. Once you get the job you always wanted, make sure you last in it as long as possible (not long enough to be bored) Last but not least, be patient Smile
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moltolodato Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 pm

hi, thx for this topic, and i've just some words, if u were taught by unexperienced teachers, know that by heart that u'll be out later
thx
moltolodato
moltolodato

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down