Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please and soon

3 posters

Go down

exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please  and soon  Empty exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please and soon

Post by gaby Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi mates .... please i need your help to answer those exercises
exercise:1As you read the paragraph, study the underlined words, phrases, and clauses. Then locate and correct the five errors in parallel structure.
Diet and Exercise
What people eat and how much they are exercising are two factors that detemine their overall health. Eating a diet of foods that supply inadequate nutrients and that contain high amounts of refined carbohydrates leads to weigh gain and increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and getting cancer. Thus, it is important to eat not only a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day but also grains, proteins, and so-called healthy fats. many people also suffer poor health because they fail to exercise or to be active. Failing to exercise because they do not have enough time or that they find it boring is probably the biggest
problem they face. However, time and being bored are not reasons to give up but hurdles that they have to overcome.
gaby
gaby

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please  and soon  Empty Re: exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please and soon

Post by gaby Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:22 pm

exercise:2rewrite these sentences to make their elements parallel:
1* The Great Plains is a vast, relatively flat region, and the region has no trees that stretches from north to south across the center of the nation
2* The buffalo provided most essentials: meat, clothing and sheltez, bones and horns were made into implements, and even fuel for fires.
3* women raised corn and squash and gathered wild fruit and vegetables, and men did the hunting and went fishing near their village and cultivated tobacco.
4* A Plains Indian lesson on sharing is "When you see a boy barefooted and lame, take off your moccasins and give them to him. If you a boy hungry, you should bring him to your home and give him food."
5* most white Americans believed that land was a commodity to be bought and sold and that land was to be used but not individually owned was a tradition believed by native americans.
gaby
gaby

Back to top Go down

exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please  and soon  Empty Re: exercises in written expression ...who will anser them for me ........please and soon

Post by gaby Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:37 pm

exercise:2edit and then rewrite the following sentences. Use correlative conjunctions (paired) to make the grammatical structures in each sentence parallel.
1* Almost half of the students in Section 003 of Freshman Composition neither showed up for the final nor did they turn in their five required essays.
2* The composition instructor was not only a knowledgeable teacher but also fair.
3* It would be best if you included sources for your topic both from the Internet and used the university library.
4* The student received a zero for plagiarizing not an essay but for plagiarizing a research paper.
5* The students need to either choose a research topic or they should ask the instructor to assign one.
6* Both the type of test and how long it is are important considerations when studying for an exam.
gaby
gaby

Back to top Go down

Post by gaby Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:38 pm

i'll post the other exercises soon
pleasse answer them for me 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
gaby
gaby

Back to top Go down

Post by messi Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:15 am

What people eat and how much they exercise are two factors that detemine their overall health. Eating a diet of foods that supply inadequate nutrients and that contain high amounts of refined carbohydrates leads to weigh gain and increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.

messi
messi

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://blida-english.bbactif.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:57 pm

What people eat and how much they exercise are two factors that detemine their overall health. A diet of foods that supply inadequate nutrients and that contain high amounts of refined carbohydrates leads to weigh gain and increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and getting cancer. Thus, it is important to eat not only a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day but also grains, proteins, and so-called healthy fats. many people also suffer poor health because they fail to exercise or to be active. Failing to exercise because they do not have enough time or that they find it boring is probably the biggest
problem they face. However, time and being bored are not reasons to give up but hurdles that they have to overcome
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.gold9.mam9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gaby Sat May 14, 2011 12:37 pm

thank you mates
gaby
gaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down