Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bussiness English to make people listen

3 posters

Go down

Bussiness English to make people listen Empty Bussiness English to make people listen

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Success in business requires confidence. When you're doing business in a second language, though, it's easy to sound uncertain. But don't give up so soon! Even if you're not sure of the words, you can still sound like you know what you're talking about. The trick is in how you start your sentences. Get down to business with the following phrases and see the difference!
Let's focus

When you're leading a meeting, it's crucial that you get everyone focused immediately. The best way to start is by making a direct statement. "The purpose of this meeting is to decide on the company logo." Avoid indirect statements like, "Well, here's the agenda," or "Maybe we should get started." You'll lose people's attention immediately.
Strong words

Your boss calls everyone into a meeting to discuss a problem and asks for your suggestions. Frame your response with "I recommend ..." or "In my opinion ...." In addition, to come across as authoritative, use "should" as opposed to "could" as it is stronger. "In my opinion, we should consider different vendors" is much stronger than "Maybe we could think about different vendors."
Talk tough

When you need to use even stronger language than above, begin with "I'm positive that ? or "I really feel that ? Saying, "I'm positive that it's the vendor's fault" expresses to the listener that you are absolutely sure. It says, "I'm sure, so you should be sure, too!" A less confident way would be to say, "John in Marketing said it could be the vendor's fault. I thought he had a good point."
Moving on

Business discussions have a way of getting off track. So you need a tactful way to refocus people. If you sense a discussion is wandering ?whether it's in a big meeting or an informal chat between colleagues ?you can say, "Let's move on to the next point." This ensures you maintain control of the discussion ?as long as you don't start with "Maybe" or "Um."
Speak up

Sometimes you just have to disagree. And it's easy to be ignored if you don't express your disagreement effectively. "I'm afraid I can't agree with this plan" is a polite, but clear, way to start. It's much better than, "Well, I'm not sure; it doesn't seem like it will work."[b]

May be someones will be bussiness men/women in the future, who knows?!

Back to top Go down

Bussiness English to make people listen Empty Re: Bussiness English to make people listen

Post by Biba Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank you , BOSS!
Biba
Biba

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Bussiness English to make people listen Empty Re: Bussiness English to make people listen

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Wlkm co-worker, you've a future, I know this.hehe. lol rombo1

Back to top Go down

Post by Abd El Hamid Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:56 pm

According to what you've posted, you will be a successful bussiness woman Miss.Angeleyes.
Abd El Hamid
Abd El Hamid

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am

Success in business requires confidence....

many useful piece of advice.. U got me here!

thats interestin girl!..

Thank U!
louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah louli and Mr.Abd El Hamid, you too look like bussiness persons.
Thanks Mr.Hamid, if you just say "angel" without miss......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down