Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poetry ....!!?? huh !

+6
w_ch
Ismailos2
chinda
Thewolf
Londonhbb
jamie
10 posters

Go down

Poetry ....!!?? huh ! Empty Poetry ....!!?? huh !

Post by Ismailos2 Mon May 31, 2010 1:48 pm

I think writing POETRY is overrated ! Poetry is for wusses! It's true that poetry is a kinda way to express your feelings ! But instead of facing that someone and saying it directly to their face, you instead go and tell the whole world ! How pathetic is that ! There are few poets that I admire and like, because their poems can be addressed to everyone, and can be used almost every time, and they can lift your spirit, it's like the poet is talking to you, comforting and reassuring you !! They're neither personal, pathetic nor boring !
I believe that only cowards still write letters, poems, songs !!
I do believe in saying whatever you want to the one you want with no fear, no hesitation and no lies , just FACE 2 FACE! Don't bottle up your feelings and then try to write them on papers so everybody can read your nonsense ! I do feel sorry for the new generation who try to work their *** off just to write something "rhythmic" ! Who are you trying to impress ??!

P.S: I also don't believe in diaries ! :p Don't attack me, just prove me wrong about what I said, or better yet, don't comment at all if you're intolerant ! Wink Wink
Ismailos2
Ismailos2

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Poetry ....!!?? huh ! Empty Re: Poetry ....!!?? huh !

Post by jamie Mon May 31, 2010 3:37 pm

HELLO
i do agree with you that telling the others yr real feeling directly is better it is more realistic but writing also is a way to do so and there is no matter in that , i'm sure of one thing written words last for ever you may forget a word y'v heard it but y remember the one y'v read it.
jamie
jamie

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:32 am

Well...I don't think that we, are claiming that we are poets or even writing ornamental poems ( albeit we hope to do that one day). I think that we are just beginners trying to express ourselves and vent our feelings, we are just on the first steps, because everything starts from a tiny step, nothing in this life was born great...and even the great poets and writers had humble beginnings, surly they had "nonsense"(as you said) attempts in their beginnings, and see where are they now, they wrote their names with golden letters and gave themselves eternity. So why you blame us for giving birth to some ideas invaded our minds and urged our hands to hold pens and pour on our papers what came to our brains...Why don't you see this action as an act of giving birth to some coming writers and poems...why don't you see that their first steps are put on this ground and their first drops are fallen from this sky...because these "nonsense" can be the dawn of eternity for someones...
Moreover, I don't think that all what a writer writes should be witnessed or lived by him, or even be a "message" to someone...sometimes a person we met, a story we hear, or an event we witness can shake our feelings and foster us to write something that hasn't any relation with us ...
For that, from my part, I urge anyone to hold his pen and scatter the flowers of his mind on this land, plant the seeds of his ideas and water them with will , and be sure that one day they will bloom and blossom.

N.B: It was just my POINT OF VIEW.
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 am

In fact u express mine chinda
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ismailos2 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:46 pm

London, express your own thoughts lol ! Chinda: I'd rather use the time, energy and effort in something more useful than poetry ! Like finding the cure for Cancer, Hepatitis or HIV ! I don't deny that poetry is that bad, but some people close up on themselves in a corner and all they try to do is come up with words to rhyme, when in fact all they're doing is a waste of time, and that's insane ! Trying to make a change or impress people ! But there are a lot of other things that can take the human kind by a storm ! Medical, technological inventions ! And I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are ! Everything we do, we do it to impress people, or to satisfy them or to feed our giant ego! So why don't we do something big, huge, immense !! I'm the kinda guy who shoots for the stars, otherwise, I'd sit at home .....!
Ismailos2
Ismailos2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm

From your words Ismail i understood that you put poetry in a limited short meaning, you think that we should say poems only about our lovers!
Look, sometimes we send SMS, is it short text, but it can contain a big meaning maybe we can't say it if we spend 1hour in phone, so like this the poetry can do. Imagin u won't meet me for years and years Ismail, and someday you decide to write me 50 beautiful words in shape of poem, i'm sure that you will make me cry, or laugh...just because your words will express your feelings about me by use less words, with big meaning.
And don't forget that all we say poems, because short expessrions like ...you are beautiful...you are sweet...or i miss you much my mum...are kind of poems.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

I want just to say that even some poets had made a gigantic, tremendous and an enermous change in the history of humanity...One of them, as we all know, is Shakespeare, the greatest writer in English language...Some others were not just "storms", they were tempests...They are just like Newton and Addison who gave humanity a new direction...Their names and poems are and will still perpitual and everlasting...!!!
At the end, pardon me, Ismail, to tell you to do not mix things, try to do not combine things together; medecine and technology are in their places and have their functions just like poetry...Hope one day you will shoot stars to do not sit at home!!!
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ismailos2 Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Full, strong and meaningful words you dropped, Chinda! It's like you dropped a bombshell BOOM ! By the way, I hate Shakespeare ! He did nothing to English ! He just made it more complicated !! Thanks for sharing your mind though xx Very Happy x
P.S: Everybody is entitled to their own opinion ! Nothing personal ! That's what makes the controversy interesting Very Happy x
Ismailos2
Ismailos2

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

As I was roaming and wandering in this category, I saw that poetry is receiving vehement attacks still. It's not easy-to-grasp nor is it so easily fathomed which gives it a status of an "alien". Its perplexed form do carry and convey a clear ,noble message, at least at times. If socially interrelated and if put into a context, there would be no more baffling words or any sort of vagueness.Afterall, what's poetry but an anodyne to one's tangled nerves...
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 pm

I was once with someone walking in nature, I suddenly stopped and said: look there! He turned and said Yuk! I was amazed why he said so because what I saw is a very beautiful flower standing magnificently displaying her petals as a queen with her gorgeous dress. My wonder didn't last long before he said, 'Let's go before we step on it', there I realized there was a cowpat an inch further from the flower and that's what he only saw. I looked again to the flower, smiled and carried on my way!
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:47 pm

"Many brave men lived before Agamemnon's time, but they're all unmourned and unknown, covered by the long night, because they lack their sacred poet"
Horace.
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by delkader Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 pm

a kind of what we call in inconsciousness in what deals with matters of heart, a revenge and revolution when it comes to matters of land. a double-edged sword when you don't know what it may bring afterwards, ain't it Youth??

delkader

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by $uenos Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 am

Poetry ....!!?? huh ! PP1-thank_you-2g
$uenos
$uenos

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down